FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pacific Dental Services to Showcase Innovative Dental Technology at American Dental Hygienists’ Association’s Annual Conference
The Future of Oral Healthcare Pavilion to feature hands-on demonstrations and live presentations
IRVINE, CALIF. June 28, 2023 – Pacific Dental Services® (PDS), a leading national dental support organization, is partnering with the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA®) to showcase cutting-edge, preventive care dental technology in a dedicated pavilion at the ADHA23 annual conference July 7-9, 2023 in Chicago, Ill.
The Future of Oral Healthcare Pavilion will feature hands-on demonstrations and interactive presentations focusing on predictive and preventive technologies, enabling earlier intervention of oral-systemic disease. Dental hygienists, who play a vital role in ensuring positive patient outcomes, will have an opportunity to learn and experience latest tools and developments to stay ahead of the curve in their dynamic field.
“We are proud to partner with the American Dental Hygienists’ Association for ADHA23 and sponsor the ‘Future of Oral Healthcare Pavilion,’” says Stephen E. Thorne IV, Founder and CEO of Pacific Dental Services. “This collaboration underscores our commitment to driving positive change in oral healthcare. Through this sponsorship, we aim to empower dental hygienists with the latest tools and advancements, fostering a dynamic field focused on proactive care and ensuring optimal patient outcomes.”
The proactive and future focus of the exhibit aligns with the ADHA’s mission for improving oral healthcare and advancing the dental hygiene profession.
“While we celebrate ADHA’s 100th Anniversary with a lookback this year, we’re focused on the next century and the future of dental hygiene,” explains ADHA President Dawn Ann Dean, RDH, MSDH, CTTS, FADHA. “Through ADHA’s partnership with Pacific Dental Services, our members and ADHA23 conference attendees can visit the pavilion and participating companies to learn more about forward-looking, cutting-edge oral healthcare tools and technologies that enhance the preventative focus dental hygienists embrace.”
The companies and organizations participating in the Future of Oral Healthcare Pavilion include:
- OralDNA Labs: OralDNA® Labs provides advanced salivary diagnostic tests that identify oral pathogens and genetic precursors related to periodontal disease and associated systemic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and more. Results empower healthcare providers and their patients with quantitative monitoring, enabling targeted treatment plans for improved oral and overall health.
- Siemens: The Siemens DCA Vantage® Analyzer HbA1c Reagent Kit enables in-office, point-of-care (POC) access to lab-accurate glycemic screenings. Through these screenings, providers can target potential glycemic conditions adversely affecting the co-management of periodontal and gingival disease, and potentially improve the bi-directional relationship of periodontal disease and diabetes.
- Ultradent: The Gemini™ Laser is a dual-wavelength soft tissue diode laser that uses thermal-light energy to mitigate the adverse effects of disease-causing bacteria and promotes earlier wound healing. Thermal energy is absorbed into the tissue wall and targets pathogenic bacteria, lowering the risk of complications and infection.
- Dentognostics: The ORALyzer chairside aMMP-8 biomarker screening provides early detection of periodontal tissue breakdown, often before signs of inflammation or attachment loss are clinically visible. In-office quantitative results are available in minutes, enabling healthcare providers to empower their patients with an actionable “oral fitness” score, improving proactive and preventive care measures.
- OraPharma: ARESTIN® is a locally administered antibiotic by OraPharma designed to target specific periodontal bacteria by interrupting pathogenesis and reducing periodontal pockets. When used in conjunction with scaling and root planing, ARESTIN has been proven to significantly enhance oral health and reduce the systemic impact of periodontal disease.
- Epic: Implemented by many hospitals and health systems, including PDS-supported dental and primary healthcare practices, the Epic® health record system enables dental and medical providers to view a patient’s acute health, primary health, and dental health history all in one place. Using a longitudinal patient record helps close care gaps, increases the chance of identifying diseases early based on changes in gum and oral health, and promotes optimal healthcare outcomes.
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP): The AAP, the leading professional organization for periodontists in the U.S., will present “Better Together: The Evolving Role of the Dental Hygienist in Periodontal Care.” The academy’s purpose is to advance the periodontal and general health of the public and promote excellence in the practice of periodontics.
To learn more, visit the ADHA23 website.
About Pacific Dental Services
Pacific Dental Services® (PDS) is one of the country’s leading dental and medical support organizations, empowering clinicians with supported autonomy to deliver comprehensive patient care. PDS provides administrative and business operations support, highly skilled staff, and ongoing training and education to help healthcare providers succeed. PDS incorporates the most advanced, proven technologies with best practices and procedures to ensure high-quality care and is a leading advocate for the integration of dental and medical care to improve whole-person health. Since its foundation in 1994, PDS has grown to support over 4,100 clinicians (dentists, dental hygienists, physicians, and nurse practitioners) in nearly 1,000 practices across 25 states and continues to expand. To learn more, visit pacificdentalservices.com or connect on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
About the American Dental Hygienists’ Association
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA®) is the only organization representing the professional interests of the more than 226,000 dental hygienists in the United States. Dental hygienists are preventive oral health professionals, licensed in dental hygiene, who provide educational, clinical and therapeutic services that support total health through the promotion of optimal oral health. The Journal of Dental Hygiene (JDH), published bi-monthly, is ADHA’s scientific journal and flagship publication. To learn more about the ADHA, dental hygiene or the link between oral health and general health, visit adha.org.
Pacific Dental Services
Ph: (949) 617-2188