The mission of ADHA is to unite and empower dental hygienists to enhance the public’s oral and overall health. All to support the vision of creating a community where dental hygienists are valued and recognized for their ability to improve the public’s health.
What are our core values?
Treat each other with courtesy and respect, encouraging constructive dialogue, assuming good intent in all interactions.
Trust & Integrity
Create an environment that advances curious, courageous, innovative and accountable decision-making.
Diversity & Inclusion
Support and cultivate an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access.
Seek robust input to inform wise decisions. Broadly and frequently communicate ADHA strategies, direction and values.
Provide an engaging, inviting, and supportive space for dental hygienists where our differences are celebrated
- Identify gaps and investigate emerging leadership models to increase engagement at the state, regional, House of Delegates, and trustee levels
- Develop resources empowering dental hygienists to improve their workplace environment and professional satisfaction.
Be the leader in developing and delivering dynamic, high quality learning opportunities.
Continuing Education Objectives
- Research emerging issues in the profession.
- Offer resources in multiple delivery systems.
- Develop tools and practical resources for each targeted audience.
- Develop a dynamic engagement model that appeals to everyone.
Governance & Infrastructure
Advance structures that enable strategy development and execution in an inclusive, decisive and competent manner
Governance & Infrastructure Objectives
- Advance towards a competency-based and balanced leadership team.
- Reduce barriers for quality leaders to participate in leadership.
- Refine and communicate expectations of Board members.
- Create and share a communication plan that reflects a transparent operating environment.
To support dental hygienists in a variety of roles, we will pursue opportunities to advance the profession and promote the recognition, awareness and importance of dental hygienists.
- Advance the utilization of dental hygiene professionals.
- Advance the scope of practice for dental hygiene professionals.
- Advance the credibility of the profession.
- Advocate for workplace improvements for dental hygiene professional