2023 marks 100 years of oral health leadership for ADHA. As part of our celebration of this incredible milestone, we are proud to launch the new ADHA Professional Fellows Program to honor our distinguished members and the collective achievements of the dental hygiene community.
As a Professional Fellow of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (FADHA), you represent exceptional achievement in our profession. If you have demonstrated a commitment to your own education and to the practice of dental hygiene, maintained a stellar reputation in areas of ethics, professional responsibility, and professional standards – it’s time to add FADHA to your list of credentials!
Who Can Apply to Become an ADHA Professional Fellow?
We welcome dental hygienists from all practice areas of the profession who demonstrate a love of learning, leadership and excellence in their field. Candidates for ADHA Professional Fellow will attest to or submit:
- Minimum of five years of ADHA professional membership (not required to be consecutive years)
- Accumulated 100 CE credits over any five-year period
- Actively participated in the dental hygiene profession via practice, scholarship (publications, research, presentations), volunteerism, and/or leadership
- Two professional references from oral health colleagues who endorse your candidacy as an ADHA Professional Fellow
- A current resume or CV
- A statement describing your contributions to the dental hygiene profession (maximum 500 words)
- $250 one-time application fee
APPLY TO BE AN ADHA PROFESSIONAL FELLOW
Perks of Being an ADHA Professional Fellow
Adding ADHA Professional Fellows Program credentials to your name is an expression of your outstanding contributions to dental hygiene and to our association. FADHA is a distinguished designation that is recognized by your peers and the entire oral health field. Upon acceptance as an ADHA Professional Fellow you will:
- Receive a distinguished ADHA Professional Fellow lapel pin
- Receive an ADHA Professional Fellow certificate
- Add the official credential of FADHA to your professional title
- Get ADHA23 VIP General Session seating, a special mention from the stage, and an invitation to the Inaugural Fellows reception (for fellows who apply by June 1, 2023)
- Enjoy special recognition on ADHA website, newsletter and social media
ADHA Professional Fellow is a lifetime designation. The only requirement to maintain your credential is to remain an ADHA professional member in good standing.