Education & Careers
ADHA Online CE Courses
Continuing your education.
ADHA is proud to offer a wide selection of convenient online continuing education courses in easy-to-use self-paced modules. Each course is followed by a post-test that can be completed and submitted online, by fax or by mail.Course fees are noted, $18 (ADHA members), $30 (non-members) or free. Successful participants will be awarded either 1 or 2 CE units for each course, as noted.
To begin, simply click on the highlighted text for each course below. Follow the program instructions to complete the course module, payment and post-test submission.
Immediately following submission of the post-test for all CDE World courses, tests are scored and successful participants are immediately provided a CE certificate. For all other courses, you will receive confirmation of your score and a CE certificate via email within four weeks of your test submission. A minimum test score of 80% is required for successful completion of all courses.
Learn MoreRead our Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact the Education Division with any questions or information requests at (312) 440-8930.
- Diet and Nutrition
- Working with Vulnerable Populations
- Do You Know if Your Patients, Co-workers, Friends, Family, or You Have an Addiction? (2 CE units)
- Mental Illness and the Dental Patient (2 CE units)
- Guide to Serving Young Children with Special Health Care Needs (4 CE units)
- Diabetes Mellitus: Promoting Collaboration Among Health Care Professionals (2 CE units)
- Clinical Practice and Research
- Medical Emergencies in the Oral Health Care Setting (2 CE units)
- Managing Side Effects of Medication (2 CE units)
- Burning Mouth Syndrome (2 CE units)
- Understanding and Managing Dentin Hypersensitivity (2 CE units)
- Dental Digital Radiographic Imaging (2 CE units)
- Automated Oral Hygiene Self-Care Devices: Making Evidence-based Choices to Improve Client Outcomes (2 CE units)
- Xerostomia: Recognition and Management (2 CE units)
- The Dental Water Jet: A Historical Review of the Literature (2 CE units)
- Bariatric Surgery and Implications for Oral Health (2 CE units)
- Working with Older Adults
- Interprofessional Work
- A New Era in the Treatment of Periodontal Disease (2 CE units)
- Periodontal Treatment Protocol (PTP) for the General Dental Practice (2 CE units)
- Periodontal Diseases and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes: A Review of the Evidence and Implications for Clinical Practice (2 CE units)
- A Pilot Study Comparing the Outcome of Scaling/Root Planing With and Without Perioscope (2 CE units)
- Microbes, Inflammation, Scaling and Root Planing, and the Periodontal Condition (2 CE units)
- Infection Control