The IOH Research Grant Program supports advancements in the dental hygiene field through the discovery and application of knowledge, which includes original research, developmental prospects and qualitative and quantitative research. All research requests will be considered and grants will be awarded based on available funds. The ADHA Institute for Oral Health does not accept unsolicited proposals.
Research Grant Proposals should:
- Develop or expand upon the dental hygiene body of knowledge
- Promote the public’s oral health by improving dental hygiene education and practice
- Support the delivery of quality oral healthcare
- The principal investigator (PI) must be a licensed dental hygienists or a student pursuing a dental hygiene degree
- The PI must be a current member of ADHA or SADHA
- Projects which are in progress may be considered for funding as long as they meet the criteria for approval
- Current members of the ADHA Institute Board of Directors, ADHA Board of Trustees and Research Grant Review Committee may not apply as principal investigators, but may do so in another capacity (i.e. secondary investigator, mentor, etc.)
- Priority will be given to proposals addressing the ADHA National Research Agenda
Research Grant Guidelines and Sample Application
Available: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
Recipient Selection: Summer 2023
Click to here to view specific dates
NIH Biosketch Form D Information
IOH Research Grant Recipients: You must complete a progress report and final report in order to obtain grant funds. The IOH team will contact you directly with instructions how to complete these reports.