Student Volunteer Opportunities
How to volunteer as a dental hygiene student
As a student, there are several meaningful ways in which you can assist the Institute staff with promoting its mission and scholarship and research grant programs, including supervising informational sessions with your chapter on application due dates, eligibility, and availability, and organizing fundraising events such as 5k Run/Walk competitions.
Below, you will find the top ways in which you can currently be of assistance, either as an individual or a SADHA chapter. If after reading these you have any questions or would like to volunteer in a particular capacity, please contact the Executive Administrator of the Institute at email@example.com or (312) 440-8944.
- Student Liaison – The primary responsibilities of the Student Liaison are to raise awareness of the Institute and its mission, to encourage students to apply for scholarships and research grants, and last, but most importantly, to raise money. As a Student Liaison, the opportunity exists to organize innovative fundraising events for SADHA chapters. This is a newly created position which would offer a great chance to showcase your chapter as a pioneer in student philanthropy.
- Annual Session Volunteer – Students attending Annual Session and the Institute Gala have the opportunity to volunteer for positions manning the informational/fundraising booth, helping with live and silent auction items, and assisting staff members in the setup and tear down of Gala decorations and table settings.
- Fundraising Events - SADHA chapters are encouraged to organize fundraising events such as 5k Runs/Walks, mini-Galas or Auctions, and dances in order to raise money for Institute scholarships and reseach grants. If you need assistance in coming up with ideas for events, please contact Institute staff by e-mail.
- Fundraising Contests - Beginning in 2002, the ADHA Institute will ask SADHA chapters around the country to help raise funds for dental hygiene scholarships by participating in fundraising contests. These may include such things as selling Institute holiday ornaments (the chapter that sells the most will receive a prize) or chances to win a laptop computer. [If you have contest ideas of your own, please feel free to contact Institute staff by e-mail.]
- Annual Session Volunteers - In the same capacity as above, students in a group or chapter can help as volunteers during the Institute Gala and man the Institute informational/fundraising booth during registration hours.
IIf you would like to volunteer in any of these capacities, please note what your interest would be in an
e-mail, and we would love to have you assist us