Institute for Oral Health
Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant Recipients:
- Priscilla Flynn, RDH, MPH, Dr.PH, Minnesota, Community Dental Varnish Initiative
- Diana Smith, RDH, BA, Hawaii, Full Life Teeth Team
Applications Available: November 1, 2016
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Recipient Selection: July 1, 2017
ADHA’s Institute for Oral Health is pleased to offer the Rosie Wall RDH Community Spirit Grant. This program provides funding for dental hygienists who are involved in a specific community health or research project.
Up to six recipients will be accepted (dependent on funding) and will receive the following:
- $1,000-$3,000 grant monies per recipient: one student; one recipient will be from the state of Hawaii while the others will be chosen from the rest of the 50 states.
- Demonstrate involvement in outstanding activities with a community health program or project, which may include dental, medical and/or mental health enhancement.
- Illustrate that health education is one element of the project.
- Show that these activities enhance the public view of the professional role dental hygienists play in health improvement.
- A United States citizen who is either a licensed dental hygienist or a student pursuing a dental hygienist degree.
- A professional of ADHA or SADHA.
- Current ADHA Institute Board of Directors, ADHA Board of Trustees and members of the Community Service Grant Review Committee may not apply as principal investigators