Institute for Oral Health
Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant Recipients:
- Priscilla Flynn, RDH, MPH, Dr.PH, Minnesota, Community Dental Varnish Initiative
- Diana Smith, RDH, BA, Hawaii, Full Life Teeth Team
Applications Available: November 1, 2017
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Recipient Selection: July 1, 2018
ADHA’s Institute for Oral Health is not accepting applications at this time.
ADHA’s Institute for Oral Health is pleased to offer the Rosie Wall RDH Community Spirit Grant. This program provides funding for dental hygienists who are involved in a specific community health or research project in the United States.
Up to six recipients will be accepted (dependent on funding) and will receive the following:
- $1,000-$3,000 grant monies per recipient: one student; one recipient will be from the state of Hawaii while the others will be chosen from the rest of the 50 states.
- Demonstrate involvement in outstanding activities with a community health program or project, which may include dental, medical and/or mental health enhancement.
- Illustrate that health education is one element of the project.
- The project serves a community in the United States.
- Show that these activities enhance the public view of the professional role dental hygienists play in health improvement.
- A United States citizen who is either a licensed dental hygienist or a student pursuing a dental hygienist degree.
- A professional or student member of ADHA.
- Current ADHA Institute Board of Directors, ADHA Board of Trustees and members of the Community Service Grant Review Committee may not apply as principal investigators