Institute for Oral Health
Healthy Start for Texas Teeth Community Service Grant
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Healthy Start for Texas Teeth Community Service Grant Recipient:
- Paula Harris, RDH, BS DDHS, Texas, Dallas Dental Hygienists’ Society & MTE School Oral Health Education and Fluoride Varnish Program
Applications Available: November 1, 2017
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Recipient Selection: July 1, 2018
ADHA’s Institute for Oral Health is not accepting applications at this time.
ADHA’s Institute for Oral Health is pleased to offer the Healthy Start for Texas Teeth Community Service Grants. This program fosters collaborative efforts between individuals or local components of the Texas Dental Hygienists’ Association and community agencies servicing underserved populations to provide the preventive benefits of fluoride varnish for underserved populations.
One recipient will be selected annually and will receive the following:
- $1,000 grant monies used toward the purchase of supplies and other expenses to support the program.
- A current member of ADHA
- TDHA components, Texas hygienists, and/or dental hygiene students (partnered with registered hygienists) are eligible to apply
- Grant monies are for community-based fluoride varnish programs for underserved populations
- Minimum number of varnish applications is 2 per person within a 12 month period
- Minimum number of participants to receive varnish is 200
- Maximum administrative costs for the program must not exceed 25% of total award amount
- Fluoride varnish program must include an educational component
- Program must include a collaborative partnership between 3 or more entities (e.g. TDHA, Head Start, and Dental Hygiene School)
- Program must demonstrate an effort to refer participants to a dental home
- Current ADHA Institute Board of Directors, ADHA Board of Trustees and members of the Community Service Grant Review Committee may not apply as principal investigators