ADHA/Sigma Phi Alpha Journalism Awards
Deadline: March 2014
Recipient Selection: May 2014
ADHA and Sigma Phi Alpha are pleased to announce the 2013 Sigma Phi Alpha Journalism Award Competition, sponsored by a grant from Johnson and Johnson Healthcare Products. These awards recognize one outstanding manuscript submitted by a student pursuing a baccalaureate degree and one outstanding manuscript submitted by a student pursuing a master's or doctoral degree. Both winning manuscripts will be published in the Journal of Dental Hygiene (JDH).
Up to one recipient in the baccalaureate category and one recipient in the master's/doctoral category will be selected. Recipients will receive the following:
- The winning manuscript will be published in the Journal of Dental Hygiene (JDH).
- Acknowledgment at Annual Session
- Runner-up articles will have abstracts also published in JDH and Access
- Engraved award
- $1,000 cash award
DENTSPLY/ADHA Graduate Student Clinician’s Research Program
Deadline: February 2014
ADHA in conjunction with DENTSPLY Professional is pleased to announce the Graduate Student Clinicians Research Program. The director of each graduate dental hygiene program may identify one student to participate. One graduate dental hygiene student per program may present their research in a standard scientific poster, in the format of the International Association of Dental Research (IADR).
Up to 18 recipients will be selected. Recipients will receive the following:
- Certificate of participation
- Recognition in an ADHA publication
- Complimentary registration for Annual Session
- Recognition at Annual Session
- $100 per diem at Annual Session
- Air travel to Annual Session
- Two nights’ lodging at Annual Session
- $1000 cash award for first place winner
- Travel expenses for the first place winner to attend the ADA Annual Session, where he or she may present the winning presentation during Student Clinician Award Program
- $500 cash award for second place winner
- $250 cash award for third place winner
- Award program and reception
Contact your graduate program director for additional information.