The American Dental Hygienists’ Association Institute for Oral Health (ADHA Institute) Fellowship Grant Program was established as a means of specifically supporting the professional advancement of dental hygiene educators. The John C. Thiel Faculty Research Fellowship program is the only current fellowship offered by the ADHA Institute.
Two fellowships of not more than $5,000 will be awarded annually to faculty members pursuing a Master of Science degree in dental hygiene education or doctoral work. The award is available to faculty members in the United States interested in research complementing the ADHA National Research Agenda.
The main criterion for selection is a demonstrated commitment to dental hygiene education, research, and the advancement of dental hygiene practice. The applicant's current academic record will also be considered in the selection process.
- Faculty member of an accredited dental hygiene program
- Hold a valid license to practice dental hygiene
- Full- or part-time faculty member for the academic year in which the award is made
- An active member of the American Dental Hygienists' Association
- Graduated from an accredited United States dental hygiene school
- Current members of the ADHA Institute Board of Directors, ADHA Board of Trustees, ADHA Institute Committees, and ADHA Councils and Committees are not eligible