Educator of the Year Award
Deadline: January 19, 2015
Recipient Selection: March 2014
Thank you for your interest in this award. The deadline has passed.
ADHA and Crest Oral-B are pleased to announce the Educator of the Year Award. This award recognizes, honors and rewards a full-time dental hygiene faculty member who contributes to and is dedicated to providing high- quality education to dental hygiene students. The recipient will characterize excellence in teaching, mentoring, and/or devotion to student achievement.
One recipient will be selected. Recipient will receive the following:
- Engraved award
- Recognition in an ADHA publication
- Complimentary registration for Annual Session
- Two days' per diem at Annual Session
- Air travel to Annual Session
- Two nights' lodging at Annual Session
- $1,000 cash award
Eligibility: Individuals should be nominated by a professional peer, a student, alumni, and/or the director of the program or dean of the school. Nominees must be an ADHA member, be a full-time or part-time (no less than 15 contact hours per week) faculty member at either an accredited dental hygiene program, in a dental hygiene degree-completion program, or in a Master of Science degree program in dental hygiene. A listing of recognized programs can be found at www.adha.org.
Application Checklist (In Word only please): A complete application packet must include:
- A completed application form
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae
- Letter(s) from nominator(s)
- One to two page summary of most recent student evaluation data
- A personal statement from the nominee
Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae (please limit vitae to 7 seven pages or fewer): The nominee's CV must include:
- Name, address, phone, fax, email;
- Title and rank;
- Years of experience;
- Current and previous academic appointments;
- Educational background (including any fellowships);
- Key publications; and
- Teaching accomplishments, honors, and awards.
Letter(s) From Nominator(s): Nominator(s) should submit a letter (In Word only please) highlighting the applicant's contributions to dental hygiene education and provide a description of why the nominee should receive the award.
Personal Statement: The nominee's personal statement should not exceed three (3) pages (double-spaced, 12-point font) describing the following:
- Nominee's philosophy of teaching;
- Nominee's growth in teaching and learning;
- How nominee has contributed to student learning and achievement; and
- How the award monies will be used to advance teaching in the nominee's program.
Award Notification and Announcement: The recipient of the award will be notified on or before March 2015. The award will be presented during the awards ceremony during the 2015 ADHA CLL at the 92nd Annual Session in Nashville.