ADHA Media Contact:
ADHA Announces Contest Winners
CHICAGO—The American Dental Hygienists’ Association is proud to announce the winners of various awards and accolades presented at the Center for Lifelong Learning at the 90th Annual Session in Boston this week.
- Esther Wilkins Future Leader Award (sponsored by Hu-Friedy): Awarded to a dental hygienist demonstrating leadership within five years of graduating from a dental hygiene program.
- Winner: Katherine Welling, Sparks, Nevada
- Irene Newman Award (sponsored by Colgate): Outstanding advancement of the art and science of dental hygiene.
- Winner: Christine Nielsen Nathe, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Alfred C. Fones Award: Lasting contributions to the dental hygiene profession over the last 25 years.
- Winner: Margaret Fehrenbach, Seattle, Washington
- ADHA Award for Excellence in Dental Hygiene (sponsored by Johnson & Johnson)
- Carol Jahn, Warrenville, Ill.
- Bonnie Nothoff, Kewadin, Mich.
- Michelle Noblett Vacha, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Colgate/ADHA Community Outreach Award
- Winner: Orange County Dental Hygienists’ Society (Kimberly Cruz, Garden Grove, Calif.)
- Student Member Community Service Award (sponsored by Colgate)
- Winner: Kelli McDonald and Katie Zignego, Great Falls, Mont.
- Crest Oral B/ADHA Clinical Dental Hygienist Award
- Winner: Lisa Higbee, Pocatello, Idaho
- Crest Oral B/ADHA Educator of the Year
- Winner: Nancy Keselyak, Overland Park, Kan.
- Sigma Phi Alpha Journalism Award (sponsored by Johnson & Johnson)
- Master’s/Doctoral Category: Lori Giblin, Taunton, Mass.
- Baccalaureate Category: Tiffany Mendryga, Lincoln Park, Mich.
- Hu Friedy/ADHA Master Clinician: Awarded for the demonstration of expertise in bringing clinical practice and patient education together.
- Winner: Stacy Matsuda, Hillsboro, Ore.
About the American Dental Hygienists’ Association
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) is the largest national organization representing the professional interests of more than 150,000 dental hygienists across the country. Dental hygienists are preventive oral health professionals, licensed in dental hygiene, who provide educational, clinical and therapeutic services that support total health through the promotion of optimal oral health. For more information about ADHA, dental hygiene or the link between oral health and general health, visit ADHA at www.adha.org.